Adoption profoundly touches the lives of all people involved. Our Adoptions Counselling Program is a Department of Communities and Justice fully-funded government service, providing support at no cost to you. Anyone who has been affected by adoption or would like to learn more about adoption is eligible to access our service.
Our range of services include:
- pregnancy counselling and support for parents considering adoption as a possible option for their baby
- information and referrals for prospective adoptive families regarding the adoption process, eligibility, and assessment
- post-adoption information and referral, including access to information
- education, training, and consultation to community groups, students, and other professionals
- registered counselling as per the Adoption Act 2000